Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Falling By Design
Genre: YA Romance
Release Date: March 12,2004
Brooklynn Summers has a plan for her life: graduate from high school, get into a top fashion school, prove to her family that she’s not a failure. She wishes someone in her life understood her need to create because her parents sure don’t support her dreams, her sister hates her, and the deadlines are soon approaching.
Enter Grayson Banks.
There are a few things in life Brooklynn can’t stand: mismatched patterns, cheap polyester, and Grayson. No boy has ever publicly humiliated Brooklynn like Grayson has. When he suddenly moved away in eighth grade, Brooklynn happily wished him good riddance. But on the first day of senior year, Grayson comes back, with his piercing blue eyes and a smile that melts icebergs, he is not exactly the boy Brooklynn remembers. She quickly realizes that Grayson’s intentions have completely shifted, but she’s not sure if she can put their past behind her.
Grayson understands Brooklynn’s creative ambitions and he devises a plan to showcase her work to the world. When the two agree to work together, suddenly, there is more than just fabric paint that’s having a chemical reaction to its environment. Brooklynn cannot help but feel pulled into Grayson’s arms, but memories and misunderstandings surface, putting in danger whatever small comradeship these two childhood enemies have constructed.
Can Brooklynn overcome her own insecurities, finally making her dreams come true? Even a dream she didn’t know she had.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014
What's Glitch about, you ask?
A little of this....
and Terminator ...
and Dr. Who...
Ground Hog Day...
and maybe some walking dead...
and Time Travelers Wife...
Still not convinced? How about this?
Get it HERE:
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
- You don't think anything of going outside at 3PM in your bathrobe until your neighbor gives a worried up and down to which you yell, "What? I write, okay?"
- Installing a dishwasher in your office has crossed your mind with all the dishes and cups scattered about, and a fridge... and a bathroom.
- You forget when you showered last.
- You bust out laughing, cry spontaneously, or shriek and forget it's 1AM and your family does appreciate their beauty rest.
- Your track changes has so much red, it starts to look like you've slashed your manuscript and it's bleeding.
- You start calling your kids your character's names.
- You and the cat have totally bonded, because at this point he's the only one who will listen to your, "Oh, I got it... what about a snow storm where A character is stuck without... a shovel!" And kitty thinks you're brilliant, though he keeps hogging the keyboard real estate.
- You forget where and why you're driving... Oh yes. School for the minions... right.
- You start making up real clever ways to show emotion with brand new words, like "Her eyes slighted," "She accosted me with a hug," "Their lips slanted against one anothers." Wait, how do you spell anothers? Is that even a word?
- You get to the end and blink for a few minutes and wonder why you're not relieved... then you question yourself. Am I done? I'm not done! Crap! There's something still wrong with this. I'm in HELL!!!! (and then you revise more)
- You write a blog post about said torture and use lots of sarcasm... wait. I wasn't supposed to type this. It's 10 signs, not 11. *revise*
Good news! GLITCH IS FINISHED! And I've had the best time with Julie Bromley, my right hand girl and street team lead, to plan the release and give you the courage to slide into a new genre with me. Yes, there is that scary word ZOMBIE in the title. I know they're gross and dead. And yes, they can be scary. But if you know ANYTHING ABOUT ME, I'm the biggest scaredy cat on the PLANET! If you can handle my vampires, you can handle a few zombies (not in real life though). They're actually kinda cute... see?
That leads me to announce my RELEASE PARTY on FRIDAY, January 31st! I'm giving away swag goodies and giftcards to 10 lucky winners! You can't miss this! Be sure to be signed up for my newsletter: tinyurl.com/mge8zvn and follow me on Facebook so you don't miss the official invite!
In the meantime... meet two of my characters:
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
I'm excited to share the book cover for Glitch, Book 1 of the Brighton Zombies Series, a post-zombie apocalypse.
Tentative release date: January 31, 2014
Add Glitch to Goodreads
When a mysterious guy from the zombie zone sneaks an illegal slip of paper to a beautiful young girl from Brighton, she must decide if she should turn him in or follow what the note says in the first book of the Brighton Zombies Series, Glitch.
Eighteen-year-old Aria has no trouble following Brighton’s rules. For one, she’s OCD about checking her Date of Death clock latched to her wrist, making sure her decisions never shorten her timeline, and two, she enjoys the peace Brighton has to offer. In no way would she bring on another attack that destroyed earth’s inhabitants like her predecessors did from their selfishness and greed. But when her best friend returns from her Advice Meeting shell shocked and won’t tell Aria what’s happened, she’s worried what awful advice awaits her. The stranger with blue-eyes knows something, but does Aria dare enter the zombie zone to get answers? Or is she doomed to live the life set for her?
What do you think?
Stay tuned for upcoming giveaways!